Its undescibable. I've been working for two weeks now, just started my third and I feel so many things!
I feel overwhelemed, thrilled, scared, proud, energized, mature, young, in control, tired, overjoyed... and all that in just one day, one hour even.
Teaching is my passion. And that's my greatest joy. I've just finished college and found a wonderful job where I can be me. A place where people care about eachother, where people care about raising kids, where people work on a better future. I am so blessed to have been given this opportunity!
I teach 4th grade on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I love that age and really enjoy working with the kids. I love trying to lead them to a little more independance. The only downside is the masses and masses of work they leave me with to correct at the end of each day.
So by Wednesday I am ready to move on, or down, to my other class. The precious kindergartners who've just turned 4 and don't know how to sit on chairs without falling off... It's a definate challenge. But it has it's upsides and I think I love teaching KG as much as I loved teaching 6th grade...
It's amazing what comes with a day's work when you're a teacher. I'm still so overwhelmed that I'm not sure how to tell you about it...
Meanwhile Tim and I haven't stopped planning for our wedding. We've got the date, main locations and masters of ceremony. In two weeks we start our premarriage course...that brings the whole marriage thing real close... It's still 7 months and 3 weeks away but it's really gonna happen!
There are still days that I wonder why Tim picked me to be his wife, he's so wonderful. And impatient as he gets when shopping, he's the most patient person when dealing with me. His love for me is evident in all he does and that makes me feel like the richest person on earth!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it took me until grade 8 to stop falling off my chair... good luck!
Congrats! I hear your fiance has a brilliant name!
Post a Comment