A piece of home arrived in Holland last night. Any place feels more like home when my mom, dad and brothers are around. Any of the four of them, all of them for best results.
My parents and Rob are here to spend the summer with Marcel and I. That's why I decided to stay in Schipluiden, the town I was born and bred. All of us are staying at different places there.
One downside of it is that I have to keep my reputation up all summer now. As I worked as a teacher in both 1st and 4th grade here, there are kids around each corner who keep out a watchful eye. I guess I'll just have to get used to that.
Right now not much is going on. We all plan to work on the house Marcel is gonna live in next year. Its my great grandmothers place and is basically ancient. Its a sweet little house, and the location is very picturesque. But it requires a lot of work. I've whitewashed all the walls on the groundfloor, and it hurts :-)
Today I paid a visit to the doctor for my eyes. And with the medicine I have to rub into them I'm not allowed to be in dusty places... So no more sanding for me :-D If I want to work in the house at all I will have to wear goggles for the rest of this week. I'm not so keen on that. But hey, cute Dutch guys are hard to find. Which makes the odds of me meeting one in this village very tiny :-) So bring on the goggles ;-)
that's it for now... I beg you to hold out for the pictures and stories of my adventures in Italy. I'll post them a.s.a.p
Enjoy the sun :-)
Ineke
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment