Friday, August 04, 2006

Shame on me...

To all you faithful readers.... I am indeed very ashamed of myself.
I know I promised to keep my blog updated over the summer. And so far I haven't written anything at all. I'm sorry.

As it is, I just haven't gotten around to it. I've been to Italy, came back to Holland, worked in Marcel's house, picked up my parents and Rob from the airport, worked some more in Marcels house. The we all went to a Christian family camp for a week.

It was loads of fun, amazing and very cool. It was so neat to experience all the growth and work God does in people. The people in my small group. I learned that sometimes it takes a while before you receive an answer to your prayer. And the night I grasped that concept I felt God telling me to pray for one of the guys in my group. I didn't know the guy, we never talked before. But that doesn't matter when you feel the need to pray for someone. Hardly 24 hours later that guy walks up to me, sits with me and tells me how God touched him and he decided to quit smoking. That was such an encouragement to me!

On a lighter note, I also found my calling in the sports section... Everybody who knows me knows I suck at ball games. The reason is simple, I have been hit in the face by a ball too many times... I'm scared of the ball. But this week I was asked to referee the volleyball tournament. And that was just lovely... See I know the game, I know the rules, and I can blow a whistle and look very sternly. So there you have yourself a perfect ref...

I've worked in the greenhouse all week, and I am very very sore. Basically my hand, which is blistered and my arm, I cut my wrist with my knife several time... I can assure you though that these were accidents and I am thougroughly enjoying life. And I didn't hit any veins yet. So all is good :-)

Alright, so here is an update after all. Maybe I'll be able to post some pics of my time in Italy in a bit. But you'll have to ask nicely.

bye bye :-)

Ineke

0 comments: