
Time keeps ticking as time tends to do... winter has officially given way to spring, the days are getting longer and the sun is out most days. I walk around with a permanent smile on my face.
For those of you who know my mom, she's doing well. She seems to be dealing well with her limitations and is enjoying life. I'm very proud of how she's doing. I love her :)
During Easter, Tim and I stayed with his parents. It was great fun with his family which includes his parents, two older brothers and two sisters-in-law. Aside from that they live in North Holland, which is famous for it's bulb growing fields. At Easter time the tulips, daffodils and hyacinths were all blooming. The air scented of them and the views were great. Knowing how much my mom loves flowers I wished she could be there too, and did my best to take in as much as I could.
Since Easter it seems to me that the weather has been fine and only that. For those of you who really know me, you know that although talking about the weather sounds cheesy, it really makes a difference to me. I run on sun-energy. It's a pity that I've had to spend all month indoors working as an assistant administrative uhm... gurl. The weekends have been great tho.
Next week a bunch of my friends and Tim and I are going to the Soul Survivor festival here in Holland. It's gonna be amazing I bet. Although technically I don't have a clue because I've gone before. But I know people who have and they came back seriously radiant and excited about their faith. I know I want that.
I know I've left this blog untouched for a long time. I've thought of blogging many times, but it was so hard to find the words to express even a fraction of my life and my feelings. I still feel like this is a useless attempt, but at least this gives you a little idea of what I've been up to.
After the May break next week I'm returning to college. It'll probably take some adjusting but I'm excited to pick up college life again.
For those of you who know my mom, she's doing well. She seems to be dealing well with her limitations and is enjoying life. I'm very proud of how she's doing. I love her :)
During Easter, Tim and I stayed with his parents. It was great fun with his family which includes his parents, two older brothers and two sisters-in-law. Aside from that they live in North Holland, which is famous for it's bulb growing fields. At Easter time the tulips, daffodils and hyacinths were all blooming. The air scented of them and the views were great. Knowing how much my mom loves flowers I wished she could be there too, and did my best to take in as much as I could.
Since Easter it seems to me that the weather has been fine and only that. For those of you who really know me, you know that although talking about the weather sounds cheesy, it really makes a difference to me. I run on sun-energy. It's a pity that I've had to spend all month indoors working as an assistant administrative uhm... gurl. The weekends have been great tho.
Next week a bunch of my friends and Tim and I are going to the Soul Survivor festival here in Holland. It's gonna be amazing I bet. Although technically I don't have a clue because I've gone before. But I know people who have and they came back seriously radiant and excited about their faith. I know I want that.
I know I've left this blog untouched for a long time. I've thought of blogging many times, but it was so hard to find the words to express even a fraction of my life and my feelings. I still feel like this is a useless attempt, but at least this gives you a little idea of what I've been up to.
After the May break next week I'm returning to college. It'll probably take some adjusting but I'm excited to pick up college life again.
2 comments:
the flowers have just started coming out here too and they are so beautiful. i love their reminder of a new beginning. but i only get to enjoy them for a week before I head back to Cairo. i'm sorry i won't get to see you when i pass through holland. enjoy that conference... it sounds amazing!
Hi there!
Long time no speak :-O I still recall you telling me you had a boyfriend just before I left ;-) Good to see things are still good! Good on ya :-)
See ya around,
Ellart
Post a Comment