Wednesday, June 25, 2008

the future is taking shape

When I was just a kid I already knew teaching at a primary school was my dream, my future. Some days it felt more like a destiny I couldn't get out of. But these last few years I've come to realise and experience that teaching is my passion.

However hard the work, however many hours and however many nagging kids... this is what I'm meant to do. And at the end of the day, it's is the only thing I love to do.

Last week I was offered a teaching position at a Christian primary school in the city centre of Delft. Tomorrow I'll need to teach and show the principle that I'm good at it. But according to him it's just a formality and he has already announced me as their new teacher to the parents... It's unbelievable. It's a dream come true.

Now that I'm done with college there is nothing left to keep me in Ede. The last year Delft has been looking better and better to me. This job offer has confirmed my dreams of this being the time to move to Delft. Those of you who have visited will have to agree that Delft is a charming city with character.

I'm looking forward to living close to Tim, my brothers and grandparents. Not to mention a truckload of uncles, aunts and cousins. I will have to find a place to live tho... :)

Anyway, the graduationceremony is this Friday, and this is what a college graduate looks like:

2 comments:

rob said...

I wonder if I'll look like that when I graduate.

Anonymous said...

hey meid,

gefeliciteerd met het behalen van je diploma! Ik lees het hier zo eens effe!!:D..

trouwens je hoeft niet meer te helpen voor die woorden waarvoor ik je aansprak. Ik kwam David tegen;)...die ik via Teenstreet een paar jaar geleden heb leren kennen (en jij van Egypte)...
hij snapte het niet zo wat ik bedoelde en komt ook doordat mijn cliƫnt uit Marokko komt;)...is anders...maar we zijn er op het DAC (Dagactiviteitencentrum) uitgekomen:D

Succes en veel plezier met je toekomst als juf!!

groetjes Majella!