Friday, June 06, 2008

The last step...

My mom told me that some of you are a bit surprised at the way the Dutch college system deals with graduations. I can imagine. But here graduating from the higher colleges is a big deal. So we need to really rise up to the challenge and show the best we've got.

Last Monday, the 4th, I handed in my last papers and my final reseach. I'm really proud of that last one since it's become an 80 page paper which took about 300 hours to put together, 5 months of balancing my internship in the 6th grade class and working on my research.

Today I got an e-mail from school letting me know that I have been accepted to the final interview. This interview will be about my research paper and I hope that means my paper is half average ;) I can't stand the thought of having all that work be for nothing. However, I know I worked hard and that on average I am a good student, so it shouldn't be a big deal. The interview should be somewhere between June 15th and June 26th. Graduation is the 27th...

I calculated my grades and since I got an 8 on my internship I average around 7.6 right now. That's really high in the Dutch culture, since we have a 6's culture here. And it shows an upgoing line from when I started. However, its 0.4 short of being able to graduate Cum Laude. That sucks, I just missed out on that in Highschool too, where I ended top of school with an average of 7.9

Anyway, enough of the grades. I'm bragging...
My parents are in Holland now and I'm gonna pack my bag and go visit them :D

byebye

0 comments: