Saturday, July 19, 2008

Engagement

Hi all,

I've tried to send all of you an e-mail announcing our engagement, but I realise that it's quite possible I accidentally missed one of you. I'm very sorry if I did, please don't take it personally.


Last week the 9th of July, Tim and I celebrated our 1,5 year dating anniversary with my parents in Belgium. By the end of the day Tim pulled out a beautiful ring and asked me if I'd marry him.


The request wasn't all that spectacular and I was so glad for it! I really don't know how to deal with all that mushy crap you read in chickflicks. This suited us just fine. But the ring took my breath away. In Holland girls don't get a diamond ring when they are proposed to. Usually a couple agrees to get engaged and then go out and pick out their wedding rings, which they'll wear on their left hand till the wedding day, when the ring will be switched to the right hand.


Tim however, considered me plenty 'Americanised' to get me a diamond. The ring is so beautifull I would have picked the exact same one... It's amazing and I never thought I would own such beautiful jewelery. But Tim says I'm worth it.


Right now we're just getting used to this new state of things. A wedding will follow within a year's time, but the actual planning will come later. All tips and advise are welcome since this is our first and only wedding :D
I have found a job in Delft and will start work September 1st. Please pray that I'll find a place to live by then....




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

gefeliciteerd meid:D!!! Geniet er maar van;)!!!

liefs, Majella