Wednesday, April 01, 2009

busy fun days

Hey all,
the guilt of not sharing my pre-wedding fun with you had finally got the best of me. With only five weeks to go the preparations are in full swing.

January and February really tested my trust in God's love and care for me. We were desperately searching for a house, but with no luck. The weekly motion of carefull hope, hope building up and hope being shattered really wore me out. Finally, after some exhausting months my mom coaxed me into complete surrender to God. When I finally managed to let go and let God have our future I felt at peace and was able to rest a bit. But not for long, coz only three days later I got a call from a housing bureau and as of March 9th 2009 we are the proud owners of a two bedroom appartment of the first floor. And note this: we have a garden!

God is good... all the time.

The previous owners seem to have no cleaning history so we had our work cut out. After removing all the wallpaper, paint, curtains and floors the smell finally seemed to go. Now that we have fresh paint and wallpaper in place it's starting to look like our little palace. In the coming week we have to finish the house so Tim and his father can put the floors in on Thursday and Friday so we can move all my stuff in by Saturday. I'll be living in our house by myself for a month, after which Tim will join me. I'm already unspeakably proud of the work we've done, so come and visit us if you have the chance!

It's been tough going with a fulltime job and all the work on the house. But the sun and all the happy prospects give some extra energy. I do feel like I need a month long vacation to catch up and feel energized again. Tim's been a real man tho, supporting me, working just that bit harder, and at times sending me home when it was just too much for me. And yes, being so tired does make me edgy and I tend to snap at Tim from time to time. But so far we haven't fought and it seems as if we work really well together.

Aside from the house the wedding preparations don't wait either. This week I've made appointments with the hairdresser and the sewer. I'm feeling real lucky that my parents care coming over soon, so in two weeks they'll be able to share in the joy but also in the preparations. No one can plan parties better than my sweet mom. Seriously.

And I mentioned our garden... it's a mess. But my parents have green fingers! Yay!
Good times are approaching.

It's so heartwarming to have people go great distances or through great trouble just to be there with us of let us know they are thinking of us. It really touches me that people care. Thanx!

1 comments:

Timo said...

Hey! It's awesome to hear from you after AGES of your blog being vacant of new entries! I loved hearing about all your plans. Funny thing is, when you mentioned all the housework, the fact that the flat is ground floor with a garden made me unable to picture any other house but your old one in Cairo. So now, until I come to visit (which might happen within a few years - be prepared), I'll picture you in the same house that I last saw you in!