It's been a week of long days at work and loud kids. Sinterklaas has arrived in the Netherlands and drives the little ones crazy with excitement. A very fun month this is...
However, the arrival of Sinterklaas goes hand in hand with the final week of writing reportcards and preparing for the parent-teacher conferences which will take place this coming Monday and Tuesday evening.
I'm exhausted as it is, have had some close brushes with getting sick, and am not looking forward to the coming week. It'll be rough going...
Many of my KG-class have gotten sick with the flu, whether this is swineflu or not is often undetermined. They are mostly sick for a full week before coming back to school. Only one of them spend a night in the hospital, the others were fine at home. So far the flu has been kind to us.
But I will not let it ruin my mood, coz in only a few days this will all be over and only the fun of the season remains! I already decorated the house with Christmas lights, as it gets dark around 16:30 these days. And I really like the ricelights I bought in Egypt two years ago.
Kitten spends her days alternating between insane playfulness and rowdiness and sleeping like the cutest thing on our laps. She's growing nicely and manages to climb up to 4 feet into the curtains. Last night she managed to open the bathroomdoor and had a ball playing with the water in the watercloset... ewww! All the walls were splattered! yuck yuck...
All is well in the land of Tim and Ineke :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment