This is just too good to keep to myself... life has these funny ways of twisting around and offering these whole new prospects. And that's just what happend to me this week.
I dunno if it's really something, but the idea alone makes me real excited.
In Rotterdam there has been a succesful project of bi-langual primary schools. This means the kids get taught in both Dutch and English from kindergarten onwards. Kids are in their laguage-sensitive stage untill the age of 9. So if you talk to kids in two languages in that time, they will learn both laguages without the blink of an eye. That means that when these kids go to third grade and up, they won't need to learn English, but can be taught in English in several subjects.
This project really has my interest because I am very glad to be bi-langual. I consider it a great gift from my parents and schools in Egypt that they taught me both languages. I'd love to give other kids that gift and thus help them function better in the international world.
Coming schoolyear this project will also start in Ede, my hometown. And the principal of that school came to our college looking for students who want to participate in that project. The trouble is, they need to speak English like a native English speaker, with a native accent... There are few of those around here. But I am one. And I would love to teach in English.
Maybe...maybe I'll be able to join their team and teach in English. It would be a great way to specialise myself and become more prepared for working overseas someday.
I'll let you know if this is part of the Plan Someone has for me, of if there is something even better around the next corner.
with love,
Ineke
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment