Thursday, June 08, 2006

A school to dream about

Hiya!
I told you I'd let you know about my first meeting at the primary school that I'll be working with next year, with the English project.
Well the meeting got postponed by a week, so thats why this message is late. But it was a great meeting :-D

First I should tell you a little about its location... its situated in Ede only a 15 minute bikeride from my place. And it looks like such a dreamy school. They have their own tiny bit of forest as their playground. A tiny bit of forest in the middle of town... its really cool. When you look outside all you see are the trees and underbush.

Aside from that the school has a soccer- and a basketball court, and some play things. For a Dutch school thats pretty special. Its almost a mini version of the Brittisch school :-) The building itself is lovely, kinda looks like a Dutch farm with strawroof and all. Its great. By the looks alone I decided I wanted to work there :-)

And then I met the team of teachers. They are a very enthusiastic bunch and eager to start the English project. After the meeting I spoke with the 4th grade teacher, who has been to Egypt herself. She used to visit her sister there. It was so cool to hear her speak about the traffic, road 9 and returning to Holland thinking "Malesh" whenever things didn't go as planned.

The project looks really good although we are starting from scratch and there is very little sure right now. But thats part of the challange. As far as we know, I'll be following the regular classes and internships untill Christmas, after which they want to me teach English to the kids in Kindergarten a couple hours a week. I think that would be the coolest thing, so lets hope those plans will come through. Aside from that I'll also teach in one of the higher grades, but probably only for 2 or 3 weeks straight.

So far all looks great and I am very excited. I could totally see this all happening :-)
I'll keep you posted on any progress in these plans.

bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ineke!
That sounds so awesome! I'm sure you are really excited! Hope to talk with you soon!

Anonymous said...

Ineke,
Congratulations! I can't wait to hear how it goes next year. Thanks for letting us in on the whole blog thing.
The Klaudemans :)