As the trees start blooming and the sun is shining more hours each day, my energy is slowly returning. I don't know how many people have been praying for me, but I had an amazingly good week. Thank you!
I started the week a little hesitant, on Monday I had two appointments with my studycounsellor and my internshipmentor. Since the appointments were a few hours appart it would take most of my day and I didn't know how I'd hold out. I held out, but the meeting about my final paper and research was rather disturbing. Turns out I need to change my whole research because the primary schools won't cooperate. Had I known sooner it wouldn't have been such a big deal, except for the wasted energy. But due to the busy sceduale of my counselor and my sickness that followed it has become very short days...
So this week was marked by some very hard work for my paper and reseach plus an internship week that beat all odds. I have not taught a single lesson the whole entire week! We visited the Africa museum, talked to a war-vet in the local library and hosted a day full of games and fundraisers for CRO Uganda. It was great fun and über-hectic. The class was great though, for the most part, allthough the chaos and lack of structure was very hard for our kid with down-syndrome. He did alright though and the whole week was a succes. We haven't counted all the money we raised yet, but it should be a nice amount.
The team and principle at my internship school are very supportive and their support helped me to get a new investigation going by Thursday. I'll be doing research to see what parents think of Early English and all the teachers fully coöperated with me. So by May 15th I should have all the info I need to finish my final paper by the following week. It'll still be a race against time, but at least it all depends on me and not on outside influences.
The weather this week has been wonderful and I strongly suspect that the sunshine had a lot to do with my recovery. This week I'll be at Soul Survivor Holland and we'll be camping all week. It'll be so much fun, as least as long as the sun shines... and the rain that's expected by Monday should make for some interesting times. Tim will be working at the festival as a nightguard, thus sleeping during the day, but I hope to see him sometimes.
For those of you who have May-break: enjoy! For those of you who don't: hang on, summer is just around the corner.
have a great week!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment