Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dear diary...

As it turns out there are a few people who read my blog just coz they are interested in my life. To you, especially Jodi, I want to say sorry for not updating with any real news... Live as blown by so fast the last year and somehow I've not been able to put much of it down on paper. Maybe because I have someone to share everything with...

So what have I been up to?
I've been teaching 6th grade three days a week since January. As it's my fouth year in college this is my final internship, after the summer it's the real thing. So far I've found that I've got the teaching nailed. It's the details that need more practice. But since teaching is going so well I have the time, eye and energy to work on those details. And it's been a great challenge and a great learning experience.

Just two weeks ago I came down with scarlet fever. I was really sick for about 6 days, but when I visited the docter on friday I was fever free. I figured I'd be good as new after the weekend. But that's been a big disappointment. I've tried to get back to teaching but this week I've only taught two mornings. It's very hard for me to draw the line but luckily the team is very supportive and sent me home at lunch. Turns out I'm just not as strong as I was before I got sick. My mom tells me it may be a few weeks and several people have seconded that. So I try to take it easy and hope that this all passes quickly. I'm dying to get back on track with my internship and final research paper...

Tim and I have been together for a little more than 15 months now and so far have had very many highs and a few lows. But all of that have definately helped us to grow closer and I hope we'll continue to do so. He's an amazing guy and I still can't wrap my mind around how we met how he started liking me and how we got together... maybe we were meant to be.

Anyway, thats a general update... I'll try to be more faithful and write more often. Teaching those inquisitive kids brings plenty of hilarious moments about to be shared.

Thank you for caring enough to read this :)

1 comments:

marcel said...

Thank YOU for writing some!